One day we’ll be in a Marvel movie, sitting there as something doesn’t feel right. and as the credits start to roll we’ll know what it is. It will flash up on screen and our hearts will break. “In loving memory of Stan Lee”. There was no cameo in that movie. And there never will be again.
are you satan
[Earth + Sky]
Oh look, a tacky title.
Haw haw haw haw hawwww, the Nejiten parade continues. This time, apparently, on cardboard.
Nejiten shippers: we need more hardcore make-out sessions in our tag please.
All right kiddies, sit down. I’ve been thinking about this for a long time, and I think it’s about time I detail why I ship SasuSaku because clearly there is this large as fuck misconception going on about the nature of this ship.
Things it is not:
- Dumb—AND I WILL FIGHT YOU IF YOU TRY TO SAY THIS; THIS IS NOT A VALID ARGUMENT—SIT DOWN LET ME SCHOOL YOU, SON
- Unrealistic—BECAUSE IT IS WITHIN THE REALM OF POSSIBILITY EVEN IF YOU DON’T WANT TO SEE IT
Things it is:
- Heartbreaking—BECAUSE THESE BABIES HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH IT BREAKS ME
- Beautiful—BECAUSE IF YOU DON’T THINK LASTING LOVE ISN’T BEAUTIFUL YOU NEED TO REEVALUATE YOUR LIFE
And I’m not naïve enough to think that my one rant is going to clear the air about these idiotic reasons people see as holes in my ship, but at least I’ll have tried because this ship matters to me. Very deeply. In my lungs. Because they take my breath away. BECAUSE TELL ME HOW I’M SUPPOSED TO BREATHE WITH NO AIR.
Now, I’m naturally an organized person, so this is how this is going to be laid out: We’ll start with a brief refresher (courtesy of Les because she’s the Master of Minimalism) of what’s happened because it’s been a long 630 chapters, and then we’ll address the concerns people have with it and why I feel like these are invalid…by citing pieces of history that I feel make these arguments invalid in general.
One by one, claim by claim. TAKIN’ ‘EM DOWN ONE AT A TIME.
Some ground rules, first, though:
- If you are reading this, you are accepting the invisible Terms and Conditions that there are spoilers all over this baby up to chapter 631. If you don’t want to be spoiled, I suppose this isn’t for you to read.
- Also, before you accuse me of not letting you antiship the things you don’t like, disclaimer right here, right now. I’m not telling you what to do or what not to do. I’m telling you my opinions on things, and I realize that in a sensationalized world like Tumblr, things like simple opinions can be blown out of proportion and result in a huge argument…and I am seriously not interested in that.
These opinions are my own—and I’m just choosing to share them with you in the hopes that you’ll gain some perspective as to what it’s like to be in the shoes of a SasuSaku shipper.
- You can still disagree, and I’ll still ship it, and we can move on our separate ways or float on alongside each other in this ocean of ships (do you see what I did there ocean of ships ahem). We can even be friends—SHOCKER, I KNOW. People do care about things beyond just ships, believe it or not. Come say hi! I’d love to talk.
And now to begin.